Reporting to the Property Manager, the Property Administrator is responsible to provide support for all aspects of day-to-day administrative activities for the portfolio(s).
- Provide a high level of customer service to all clients, colleagues, tenants requiring assistance this includes verbal and written communication;
- Maintain and keep accurate all tenancy information
- Prepare and distribute correspondence to tenants.
- Responsible/accountable for rent collection, cheque posting, and application of money to tenant accounts.
- Responsible/accountable for reviewing monthly recurring billings.
- Report weekly on status of account receivables.
- Prepare Rental Letters.
- Liaise with tenants and accounting regarding accounts receivable matters.
- Process invoices including matching, coding invoices to comply with budget schedules, and compiling and verifying batches submitted to Regional Accounting.
- Monitor and track vacant unit utility accounts.
- Process all cheques, invoices, and related reports and systems as assigned.
- Complete all administrative functions relating to property management as specified.
- Read and understand leases to ensure accurate information is received and maintained.
- Record, update, and maintain insurance coverage.
- Maintain, track and report on work order status in maintenance reporting software system
- Liaise with tenants and contractors as required or directed.
- Other duties as directed by the Property Manager.
- Complete understanding and adherence to the Environmental Policy, the Code of Conduct, and other policies and procedures relevant to the position as prescribed from time to time
- 2+ years’ experience in property management. Experience with accounts receivable and asset
- Post-secondary education in business, accounting or finance is an asset.
- RPA designation in process an asset
- Superior oral and written communication and presentation skills
- Ability to develop and sustain cooperative working relationships with owners, tenants and team members
- Ability to exercise confidentiality; professional phone manner, self-motivated team player with good conflict-resolution skills
- Ability to allocate one’s time effectively, work under pressure and manage tight deadlines; ability to handle multiple demands, competing priorities and adapt to new ideas and constant changes; a highly organized individual who has an eye for detail and accuracy
- Intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Office, Word and Excel; intermediate knowledge of accounting system