This position will support the Asset Management team in the growth and oversight of operations and financial performance of the portfolio of properties. The successful candidate will play a key role in building the Asset Management process platform, tools, and templates used to help execute business unit objectives.
- Assist in the preparation of the annual strategic asset management plan for the group and properties, monitoring the plans, and making recommendations to adjust the plans to meet investment targets.
- Work closely with our key investor accounts representatives to ensure key deliverables and client expectations are met.
- Work with Leasing, Property Management, and Development teams in the ongoing asset management and growth of the portfolio.
- Monitor and analyze the assets’ performance by way of regular meetings with the Property Management and Leasing teams, reviewing monthly reports, and performing ongoing reviews of leasing activity, major expenses, and capital programs.
- Assist with investor relations, including regular communications, distributions, meeting requests, cash calls and ad hoc investor inquiries and reporting requirements.
- Review all construction projects such as Landlords’ work, tenant work, and all capital expenditures; ensure proper tendering process.
- Conduct regular reviews of financial underwriting/proformas and recommend strategies or alternate courses of action to maximize investment returns targets.
- Due diligence and transaction management with the Investment Management group.
- Work closely with and support the various business unit leaders and management on various projects on an ad hoc basis.
- Bachelor’s degree in business/commerce; a finance, CA, CMA or CFA designation is an asset.
- Minimum 5-10 years of asset management experience with significant exposure to investment management, transactions & due diligence, portfolio management and underwriting.
- Strong knowledge of real estate markets.
- Strong presentation skills with the ability to develop and deliver all investor reporting.
- Welcomes the challenge of working within a team that includes individuals with the following expertise: accounting, operations, leasing, development, business development.
- Exceptional analytical, organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, multi-task, work under pressure and achieve results.
- A collaborative team player able to work toward the team’s common goals; willing to contribute ideas and listens to others with an open mind.